If you are considering website design services for your company then you should keep in mind that the website designer you have opted is a professional one. It is observed that when a company wants someone to make a website for them, they face a difficult task of differentiating between professional and unprofessional designers. It is necessary for any company to opt a professional website designer. Given below are some tips which can help you in identifying a professional website designer.
First of all you should know the number of years the designer or his company is into designing business. You must understand that a website consist of designing and coding both so do not judge by the appearance of the website alone.
SEO friendly designs is an important requirement for the success of any website so make sure the designer/company is well versed with SEO or is also involved into digital marketing business. This is a double advantage for you as you will get search engine friendly website and will get the online marketing services too under the same roof.
A professional website designer will have a good experience in the work. They always keep a record of their previous work. So ask them to show you the web design portfolio of their previous works and they will show you some designs they have made for their clients or demo designs to show you. The meaning of this is that a professional website designer will always have a portfolio of his work. Look at his website to find out his portfolio.
Before working for you, a professional designer wants to know your requirements. So they listen you carefully so that they can understand about your business and the type of website you need. These habits of designers to listen to their client and clearing the doubts is very important in web designing service before starting the project.
Common questions asked by a professional designer are :
1. Core role of your website : informational website, brochure website, bespoke website, e-commerce website, gallery website, portfolio website etc
2. Your logo : If you already have a logo then they will ask for it in high quality or they will offer to design a new one for you. This can be the part of web design package or it may be chargeable separately.
3. Your color preference for the website design. The color combination choices that the designer offers you will help you judge his quality. Too many colors often is not preferred.
4. The features needed like contact form, request a callback, enquiry button, payment option, order option, currency converter, admin control etc.
5. Any special feature like complex calculation, virtual mirror, sms alert, newsletter, website engagement tools, social media connectivity, sharing options, rich snippets etc.
6. Your preferred platform like custom html, custom php, Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, custom CMS etc.
7. Nature of the website : Whether the website will be static or dynamic (Dynamic refers to the ability to change the website contents using a back end yourself).
Have patience while choosing a professional website designer. Before opting a designer, you should do your work which is to do research about him and know what their previous clients says about him (Testimonials).
Pricing is one of the most important factor that helps in the growth of website designers in such a competitive environment. Some designers offers low price so that they will be able to attract more customers. On the other hand, there are some designers offering high prices with some extra benefits to you. So you should know about the average market rate of website designers.
Before choosing a designer, make sure that he has most of the qualities mentioned above. You should judge him by watching how they are tackling you as their client.